05 July 2010

Facing The Music Like A Graduate of Juilliard

Just trying to hammer out the idea behind my upcoming major work before this break ends. In a perfect world I'd be able to hash out my composition, gather all the specific imagery, and prep all my materials so I could hit the ground running and start painting when school starts. But I am still tossing up a number of concepts. Today I'm feeling something along the lines of:


+


It's tempting to go for another series of linear panels, but I'm feeling pretty high on the challenge of a single, epic, Guillaume Bresson-type oil painting. As much as I loved working with acrylic last month, I really want to get a handle on photorealistic oils -- something I've never been able to achieve. This is going to be my last semester at art school and I want to go out with a bang so I figure I might as well roll the dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment