11 September 2009

Connections

This painting is an extension of the systems of chance printmaking project. In continuation of the theme, I randomly selected one of my Facebook friends and asked her to supply me with what she thought was the best photo she had ever taken. This image, of a child on the streets of India, was the result.


Untitled, A1 dimensions
Oil paint on paper
Painted September 2009

Some things that I need to work on (courtesy of today's critique session): the transition from dark to light is too abrupt, especially on the left shoulder. The colours are a bit overdone, especially on the clothing where things get a bit confusing. The folds themselves aren't especially well done. That jutting vertical line in particular irks me.

Overall, however, it was a fun painting to do that came together quickly and easily. Plus, I enjoyed the constructive criticism. It's all stuff that I agree with and would like to incorporate into my work moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment