23 February 2010

Can't Argue With A Confident Man

I remember watching the original "Assault on Precinct 13" and making a mental note of how great the soundtrack was. John Carpenter played a mean synthesizer back in the day. And I love the fact that he scored his own films, too -- there's not nearly enough dual-threat director/composers!



I really don't mind painting in either complete silence or whilst talking to the people around me but music's definitely a prerequisite if we're talking about my optimum studio environment. It keeps me loose and relaxed, gets me into a physical rhythm, and stops me from thinking about how long everything's taking (for the most part). I suppose it helps me build a story behind the image, too.

Typically, I'll thrown on an instrumental playlist -- anything from The Dust Brothers to Miles Davis to RJD2 to Explosions in the Sky, depending on what kind of mood I'm in or tone I want to set. Might just have to add John Carpenter to that list as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment