27 September 2010

Bridesmaid

An accompanying piece for the show completed in a single marathon session stretching from 7AM-3AM. I think I would be happier with it if the first one hadn't turned out so well. It's not that I hate this one or anything; I just have a very average reaction to the final results.


Requiem, 60 x 60 cm
Acrylic on particleboard
Painted September 2010

At first I wanted to do something very strongly separate and even got so far as to introduce a vastly different background motif (somewhere between the 3rd and 4th stages seen below). But I just didn't like how it turned out and ended up painting over it.






If I wasn't pressing to meet a deadline, I would have liked to add a bit more tonal variation and subtle colour shifts. But at the end of that 20 hour shift I don't think I had either the motor skills or ocular focus to do so. Probably shouldn't have picked such a one-tone figure to paint either. Ah well. Bear it in mind for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment